GBdirect Software Consulting FAQ
What subject and skill areas do your consultants specialise in?
The following is a brief list of some skills, approaches, applications and industries that we have recently supported:
- Open systems architectures
- Open standards system integration
- Open source software programming
- Programming languages:
- SQL Server
- Web servers and web services:
- Apache web server
- Apache modules: tomcat, mod_php, mod_perl, mod_rewrite, etc.
- XML, XSLT, XML Schemas, Relax NG, SOAP, XML-RPC
- XHTML, CSS, RDF, RSS, etc
- Application Servers, JBoss, WebLogic
- Content Management (CMS), Applaws, Bricolage, WebGUI, Zope, bespoke
- Mail Servers, Messaging and Authentication:
- Sendmail, Postfix, Exim
- SUSE Openexchange server, OpenGroupware, Horde
- Cyrus IMAP
- OpenLDAP, Active Directory (AD)
- Desktops and office productivity
- Thin clients, xterminals, Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP)
- GNOME, KDE
- GUI widget sets:
- wxWidgets (formerly wxWindows)
- Financial services
- Science and engineering
- Education and training
Where do GBdirect consultants work?
Wherever costs, travel and language constraints permit. They work predominantly in Western Europe and the UK, but our staff have worked for customers with special needs in the USA, Asia and beyond.
Where are GBdirect consultants based?
All over the UK. A minority of our consultants work from company offices in the Cambridge and Leeds areas, but the vast majority are based in independent offices all over the UK, e.g. London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Oxford, etc.